Bob Gammons has practiced with HG and its predecessor firm since 1995. He is head of the firm’s litigation practice, overseeing and representing the firm’s clients in litigation matters in a number of areas, including defense of mortgage lenders and commercial banks, business torts, plaintiffs’ personal injury and workers compensation claims, construction litigation and contract litigation arising out of many and diverse commercial transactions. Many of the litigation matters handled involve real estate and disputes arising out of the purchase and sale of real estate. Bob practices in state and federal courts throughout the State of Alabama.
Bob has been a certified mediator since 1995. He has been a member of the Alabama Academy of Attorney Mediators since 1997. Bob has conducted mediations in a wide variety of civil lawsuits, including automobile accidents, contract actions, will contests, real estate controversies, construction claims, insurance disputes and corporate matters. He has been trained to handle civil mediations before trial and in cases that are pending appeal.
Education, JAG Corps experience
He graduated from West Virginia Wesleyan College with a B.A. degree in 1971 and received his J.D. degree from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1974. Upon being licensed to practice law, Bob served on active duty with the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps for three years. He entered private practice in 1978 in Huntsville.
Bob is a member of the Huntsville Madison County Bar Association and was President of this Association in 1998 – 1999. Bob has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since 1974 and in Alabama since 1977. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Alabama State Bar and served as a Commissioner of the Alabama State Bar from 2002 to 2005. He is also a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, American Association for Justice and the Alabama Academy of Attorney Mediators. In addition to his professional associations, Bob was a member of the Huntsville Board of Zoning Adjustment from 1994 to 2004.
Bob resides in Huntsville with his wife, Helen.
- Georgetown University, J.D., 1974
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A., 1971
- Plaintiffs’ trial practice
- Business torts
- Real estate litigation
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association (President, 1998 – 1999)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar (Commissioner, 2002 – 2005)
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1985 – 1986; Executive Committee, 1986 – 1995)
- American Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- 1974, Massachusetts
- 1975, U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- 1977, Alabama
- 1978, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- 1985, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Capt., JAGC, U.S. Army, 1975 – 1977